24.3.16

Songs to Grieve to...

There are certain songs that come on and just make my heart feel a little heavier, my eyes swell, and for a second I can feel my angel near me. Songs that make me think of Sawyer. And they didn't all start that way.
Stitches by Shawn Mendez; the first time I heard this song was on me and Devs road trip to Boston. I was tired and pregnant and it played nonstop for months and I sang it to her all the time. It came on on the way to the hospital for my check up.
If I Die Young by The Band Perry; it's not her song, it's Christys. My friend that died in a car wreck at 17. But it makes me think so much of them being together in Heaven. 
Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift; it's her song. It was our song. I played it for her in my belly almost every morning from around 16 weeks on... I haven't listened to it since.
A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope; were playing this at our wedding but it says "Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore" and is a pretty emotional song so definitely makes me think of her.
And this one is new, but Little Do You Know by Alex & Sierra; a new song that is supposed to be about a couple fighting but talks about hurting in secret and needing more time and perfectly explains my healing process.
Music really can help heal the soul. When I just need to feel sad I like having songs for Sawyer I can turn to. Does anyone else have songs they grieve to?

1 comment:

  1. "Who You'd Be Today" by Kenny Chesney (https://youtu.be/TnAjlUnoVk0) will forever be a song that haunts me... I have the greatest love-hate relationship with it because when I hear it I immediately start crying but in my heart I know that is a healthy cry. I am always grieving but also always moving forward knowing the loss will never go away but that I carry my baby with me everywhere I go. It's been 10 years and the fact I don't have a 10-year-old will always be with me.

    ReplyDelete